Friday, May 5, 2017

Touch Up Painting at the Bamboo Lagoon

It has taken me forever to get this task done. In fact, I had the upper portion of the stair wall taped off basically since the flooring on the main floor was completed.

On the lower stair wall, I had to do some wall repair before I could paint.

But now I am done, both with the upper and lower stair walls and it looks so much better.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Less Brass

While the brass shower door in the master bath has been something I wanted to replace for ages, I have held off because it was merely a cosmetic issue and not a need.

Lately however, the door has started to not work as it should and not be connected to the stall correctly. This has made the choice to replace it more of a need and less of a cosmetic issue.

This door is one of four things left in this house that are brass, and I am thrilled to be rid of it. The new door makes the shower look so updated even though the stall itself is original to the house. The lines and color really just update it so much and I am so pleased.

Unfortunately because of the unique shape of my shower stall, this wasn't something I could just order and replace myself, I needed to to have it done. I got an estimate last week and then the door was custom created and the install was today.

I have to wait forty eight hours before I can use it so that the silicone has a chance to dry, so I pulled the necessities out so I could shower in the guest bath downstairs for the next two days.

Next week we start on the fixing of the front porch!

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Demo At The Bamboo Lagoon

This has been on my list for a very long time...this is a rough cabinet that was made many years ago to give us some extra storage and counter space in the garage. It was great for the garage it was built for and was even useful in the garage we had in another house, but it absolutely was just taking up room in our current garage. It is also a spider attraction so I was dying to get it out of here.

I thought it was going to be a super fast demo but it ended up being a bit more work, and so while I did get it all done and cut up and loaded in my truck, I wasn't able to get it dropped off at the wood recycler. I'll do that tomorrow when I go to get a part at another store near the recycler.

It is amazing how much space I have now in the garage with that thing gone. It was about 8 ft long by 36 inches high, and 30 inches deep. Now I can move the other big work bench and both of the big saws into better position to actually be used and get the garage organized, which has been a long time coming for sure.