Thursday, July 26, 2012

Beds At The Bamboo Lagoon

Due to the fact that the house had renters in it for 5 years and then sat empty for 9 months and on top of that had a property management company that didn't do its job, it is a wonder that any plant life in the yard is alive. The sprinkler system in the front yard does not extend to the left side of the driveway and the beds in that area have been neglected for many years...

I decided a while back that the bed sitting beneath our blue spruce needed some plants in it and they needed to be plants that could handle being in the shade. I loved the hostas we had at our house in WA and thought this spot might be great for hostas and ferns.

So I purchased some homeless plants (the sad little plants I see at Home Depot that just need a good home and are usually discounted), and set about to adding a few to this bed. I know that they look a little spaced out but the hostas come back each year a bit larger than the year before so I don't want to crowd them out completely. We'll see how good they look next year when they come back.

No comments: