Sunday, September 1, 2013

Tree Trimming

Pile before breakdown
I noticed when I went out the back door the other day that we had a lot of dead lower branches hanging down and with it being fire season and all, I thought it might be wise to trim them up some.

So I broke out our extended tree saw/trimmer and got to work. Pulled down quite a few branches and dragged them down to the driveway to breakdown for the yardwaste container. Raked and cleaned up the area underneath the trees.

The next day, I worked on breaking all the small branches off and then got the Sawsall with a pruning blade on it and went to town....gosh I love power tools! The bigger pieces that I cut up with the Sawsall, I decided to keep for firewood. So I put them in a tote.

All cleaned up
The yardwaste bin is almost full with the branches and the pinestraw...and we still have a week to go before the pickup...I'll just have to fill up other trashcans we have until it gets emptied.

On another note, the plum trees are doing much better now that they dropped most of their plums...now I just need to gather a few up along with some acorns for the FIL. He wants to try to plant them on his 40 acres and see if they can grow. I might see if I have some starts for him too.

No comments: