Friday, January 3, 2014

Light Upgrades At The Bamboo Lagoon

 I have been wanting to change out these light fixtures for ages. I have had the lights sitting in our garage for ages. I finally got my butt in gear. These were the lights in our two downstairs bedrooms.


So first step was to make sure the light switch was off. Brought in the painting ladder and set it up under the light. Removed the cover, and the bulb. Then loosened the screws holding the base of the light onto the ceiling.Then I pulled down the fixture so I could disconnect the wires to the light. While I had the wires exposed, I tested them to double check that there was no power to them.


I pulled the wires out of the box because the new lights needed to be grounded so I needed to find the grounds. I also found that both of the old light fixtures had insulation between them and the ceiling and I am not sure why. I connected all the new wires including the ground, pushed them up into the box and secured the new fixture base.


This light takes a self balasted CFL bulb, which I put in, and then tested the switch to make sure that everything was hooked up correctly. Then I put the cover on, and moved to the other bedroom and repeated the process.


Final look. I didn't want a light with the button in the middle because it looks like a nipple so the cover on this one is plastic to make it lighter and closer to the simple lines I am looking for in our decor.

No comments: