Saturday, October 20, 2012

More Winterizing At The Bamboo Lagoon

So figured out that I could turn off the front spigot and sprinkler system from a valve right up against the house, so that cuts ten feet of insulation out of my requirements. I checked the valve control boxes for the sprinkler system today and both are totally dried...so it is not ground water as one person at a DIY tried to tell me it was...there is definitely a leak in the line somewhere, but at least for now, I don't need to worry about it until we turn it back on in the spring.

Strapped down all the chairs on the pool deck, and brought in the cushions from the two loungers. Filled the pool up a bit, set the timer on the lightbulb in the pump house and brushed/skimmed the pool.

I am thinking I might get some yard fencing so I can create a couple of bins for keeping leaves in since they will help with the soil in the spring rather than sending them all to compost. I am sure we will have more than enough leaves to do both...LOL.

Knocking them out...feels good!

No comments: