Sunday, March 9, 2014

Plum Tree Pruning

So I have been wanting to get out and trim the tree in front before too late. Weather and time hasn't cooperated and the tree is full bloom and is starting to leaf out. I knew it would be easier to do before it completely leafs out because it is much easier to see the branches when there are no leaves.

There was a lot of cross over inside the tree and I am sure it will feel a lot better this spring and summer. One thing I have been noticing is that there haven't been many bees on the tree because of the weird weather since it bloomed so hopefully that means not as many plums as last year.

The tree still has a decent shape and I am sure once the leaves come out, it will look great. Once I got all the branches cut or sawed off the tree, I had to quickly get them cut into smaller pieces so I could get them in the bin in between waves of rain storm. I filled the trashcan in the foreground twice with the cut pieces.

It was a good workout and felt like I really accomplished something.

No comments: