Saturday, May 24, 2014

And The Sprinkler Project Continues At The Bamboo Lagoon

Old one
So after doing alll that work on the PVC so I could turn on the water supply to our front sprinkler system, I find that the controller box we have had for years had finally died.

I was trying to turn on just the pop up zone so I could water the majority of the grass and beds in the front yard, but none of the buttons would really respond to being pushed. There was plenty of power, it just seemed that it was worn out. Upon investigating, it looked like it was not that hard of a job to replace it.

The next day, I went to one of our local irrigation stores and asked their opinion about trying to fix the one we had or replacing it. Replacing it seemed to be the way to go since fixing it would be almost the same cost and there was no guarantee that the repairs would last very long.

New one in the box

So I purchased a new controller on the recommendation of two different stores and proceeded to install it this afternoon. It really was a matter of hooking the power to it and then putting in the wires for the valves into the right slots.

New one installed and set up

Once I had it hooked up and set the time, date and year, I turned on a manual run of the main popup zone and adjusted the sprayers when it came on as it was meant to. Looks like all the popups still work although two need to have some vegetation cut out around them, and I was able to water the majority of our front yard for 30 mins. Good soak!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY! So glad it was an easy fix...i was sweating this one for you!