Saturday, June 7, 2014

Screens For The Bamboo Lagoon

Tools of the trade
The downstairs rooms have needed new screens for the last two years (and probably way before that) because some of our lame ass renters ruined them by using the windows as exits instead of using the doors like normal people.

I have been stalling on doing the screens because I knew the one for the weight room was going to be a pain in the ass. That window is older than the others in the house (probably original) and the track for the screen is totally different from any others I have seen. I think it might have had a wood screen for it originally.

Someday, I would like to replace a lot of the windows in this place, that this not in the budget any time soon, so we will make due for now.

Cutting the frame to size

I have had experience creating screens from scratch and just re-meshing a screen, but the created ones didn't seem to fit the way I wanted them to, which also made me hesitant.

Reading to add screen

I have to say on these ones, they came out great...even the one for the weight room is usable. The key to it all was taping down the frame once it was put together and then taping down two sides of the screen as it is being installed. Both screens came out nice and flat, and tight.

Weight room screen finished

Work room screen finished

To install the weight room one, I had to go outside to push it in a bit, but that was to be expected since that window is so weird. the fun part was that I was running the sprinkler system at the time, so I got a bit soaked...LOL

No comments: