Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pool Deck Lighting

Last week, I started putting in some cable lighting around the perimeter of the pool deck. I didn't want to go completely around it but at least enough to give it some nice ambiance. The light socket that the lighting plugs into needs to be replaced (and it is on the list) but I wanted to get a shot of the lights lit up for the blog.

These first pics are of the fencing (to keep kids and animals from drowning) around the pool deck before I got all the strands of lights strung. I was able to find 4 strands for a great price at Big Lots. I think the cable lighting will work well for being in the weather and strung in and out of the chainlink.

It took some work to screw in the clips along the trellis and on the pumphouse, but I got some good use out of my new Makita cordless drill. I have tiki torches for the back side of the fence but those are already put away for the season.

I hope to get the light socket replaced in the next week which will make turning on the lights much easier and much more consistent.

Now you can see how cool the lights look and how much light they provide (minus the reflection in the water). This will definitely do until I can get the pool light fixed itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look fantastic! What a great idea. Mom