Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pool Light Switch

Okay, so when I changed the lightbulb on the pool a while back...it didn't work. It was very frustrating but I had hope that the fixture wasn't bad, it was just a matter of fixing a bad switch. I finally got around to working on the switch this week and it did turn out to be a problem with the switch itself.



The switch before I started working on it. You can see it has four screw holes but only 3 screws in it



After I opened it up, and believe it or not, it still functioned fine, the problem really was that the faceplate was not pulling the switch on and off like it should.



After I connected and installed the new switch to the waterproof box



After placing the new faceplate back on and making sure the seal was good to keep rain out



And finally the light works!!

I was so excited to see that light come on. It cost quite a bit for the bulb and I didn't want to have to replace the fixture too. Of course, right now it is not even close to being warm enough to swim at night but I am looking forward to having it working for next year!!

1 comment:

Haha said...

So happy you do not have to do another underwater expedition like before - WooHoo it works and looks beautiful!