Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New Bamboo At The Bamboo Lagoon

So excited about this new bed. Cleaned it out during the massive cleanout for the other beds. It was filled with a bunch of random neglected stuff and I am so thrilled to find a great purpose for it.

Bed from top (before)
It is a little triangle of a bed that borders our front porch and the driveway. It gets a lot of sun.

Bed from driveway (before)
I got these clumping bamboos from the same guy that I bought the other three from last season. He had a couple other plants I got today too but they don't have ready homes just yet.

Bed from top (after)
Anyhow, I had to dig to fairly big sized holes for these two guys. Used the shovel instead of the trowel just to make the work go quicker and to beat the rain which started to come down right as I got the second one planted.

Bed from driveway (after)
I think they look awesome, and will be very happy in this spot once I get some mulch on them.

No comments: