Friday, March 1, 2013

Hunter Douglas At The Bamboo Lagoon

Bay Window in Bedroom
So the Bamboo Lagoon has Everwoodx blinds in 5 windows on the main floor and then Duette honeycomb blinds in the two bedrooms downstairs. The blind in the smaller of the downstairs bedrooms was broken, so it couldn't be pulled up, but other than dirt, was in perfect condition. I figured that it would have to be replaced because I had no idea that pullup blinds could be re-corded. So I called the local Hunter Douglas retailer to see how much replacing the blind would cost. This was my first dive into the pricing of Hunter Douglas blinds (and I was shocked). The cost to replace it was going to be way more than I could afford to do, but the salesperson mentioned that lots of blinds are repairable and that they also could clean it for me. I decided to give it a go.

This blind is 46 inches across. I removed it, and banded it together and took it in. They looked at it, and realized that it might have a warranty that would cover the repair and the cleaning would cost me 13 dollars. I left the blind with them along with the hopes that the warranty would still be valid....and it turns out, it was. So rather than paying almost 200 dollars to replace a blind in one room, I got back a clean, fixed blind for 13 bucks...yeah!

Once I saw how well the cleaning worked, I took down the longer blind in the second room and gave that to them to have it cleaned. I should note that these particular blinds (not the ones on the main floor) were purchased and installed in 1992...so to have blinds that are still functioning, in great shape and still under warranty 20+ years later explains the initial cost of these blinds. Way to go Hunter Douglas!

No comments: