Thursday, March 7, 2013

Wrapping Up Interior Electrical

The small office on the main floor was the last room in the house left on the electrical exchange project I have been working on. This room was originally a small half bath and at some point the previous owner converted it to a small office space. There are two outlets, one cable jack, one phone jack and a double switch in the room.

Switch (before)
Midway through replacement
Switch (after)
The switch runs an old exhaust fan that will eventually be changed to an overhead light, and one of the outlets. I wired nutted the one that runs the outlet together and put in a blank plate cover for it so the outlet would always be on. I just replaced the switch for the exhaust fan so that when I put in the overhead light, it will run that.

I replaced the two outlets, which were in terrible shape with new white ones and new plate covers.
One of the outlets (before)
In progress
All done
I removed the phone jacks in the other bedrooms when I did those rooms, but decided that this one would be one that I rewired and replaced just so did just that in case we ever needed to use a regular phone jack again. Obviously I still need to patch from the old jack and repaint but that will be done when this room gets prepped.

Old phone jack while being replaced
Will look better once patching and painting is done
The cable jack was another one that needed a blue electrical box put in so that it could be anchored and set up correctly. Didn't take a bunch of pics of it since I have already documented that process.

No comments: