Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pansies And Mulch

Spring has spung in this small spot
Knew that we were supposed to get some rain and thunder this evening, so on top of all the other stuff I got accomplished today, I was determined to get the pansies I bought two weeks ago into the ground and then get the three beds I have been working on mulched so they would not dry out so fast.

I didn't even start on the planting until after 3:30 in the afternoon because I was working on several other projects most of the day. I saved 3 of the pansies for one of the hanging baskets that no longer has anything alive in it. I want to get two trailing plants to put in each basket too. I found a bunch of little weeds trying to come up in my newly cleaned out beds...but I dealt with them.

So I put in 5 little bunches of pansies in groups of three. Then I used the two bags of awesome mulch that my mom gave me last fall. It perfectly filled all three beds including along the underneath of the Japanese Maple. I will be excited when the perinnials all start to grow and bloom.

No comments: