Monday, March 11, 2013

New Bed and Plants At The Bamboo Lagoon

Yesterday, I went over to my sister-in-law's house to bring her some empty pots, and to dig up some raspberry canes and some other odds and ends for our house. They are going to be moving soon and she is an avid gardener and wants everyone to enjoy the benefits of her talent.

Today, I created a little flower bed where there wasn't one so I could get most of her stuff into the ground. I haven't planted the raspberries yet, but hope to get them in the ground this week while we have nice weather if I can.

New bed area (before, minus the wagon wheel)
This little bed was originally just some weeds, grass, two big rocks, a sucker off a neighbor's tree and some determined irises (I had already taken out the wagon wheel). Today, I noticed a few sprouts of daffodils so I decided to clean out the weeds, transplant the grass, and plant most of the small stuff I got from her in there, along with a few transplants I dug up from volunteers in our yard.

Close up of the bed (after)
The irises and little tree back up near the rock, and the daffodils up front were already here. The daffodils on the left are transplants from our yard and the rest of the plants are from her yard. I am really looking forward to the mini irises...I will need to take a bunch of pictures so I can document what grows in this yard since this is the first spring here.


The bed area from a distance (after)
I got the rocks from one of our other beds that I had to clear out for some bamboo I hope to plant this week as well. I added a bit of top soil at the end and then watered everything really good since we aren't expected to see rain the rest of the week. I really hope the transplants survive...if they don't, at least I have a little bed that is cleaned up to start some new stuff in.

1 comment:

Flower D said...

They are all bulbs and will do fine some may not bloom this year because of trans plant , it happens some times but they will all bloom next year. Enjoy D