Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Electric Again and Forever

Last night I went to bed at the Bamboo Lagoon with tender thumbs from all the screws and wires being dealt with. I had made a trip to the DIY and picked up the things I need to finish up the two rooms I needed to do the other day, and since there wasn't any football on, turning off the power to the livingroom to finish off the laundry room, and the downstairs bathroom.

So the downstairs was just a matter of putting in a new GFCI, so that went pretty fast and it turns out that it is in the middle of the circuit so I was able to mark the other outlet in the bathroom as GFCI protected...yeah! I put in insulation to the covers that are on outside walls.

The laundry room just needed covers for all the work and then a three way switch replaced, and two single pole switches replaced. It should have been no big deal but just like the 4 way circuit I had to do earlier this year, this three way wasn't wired correctly either, and it only took 45 mins and 8000 different combinations of wires before I figured out the right one. Once it was done, it was easy peasy, of course.

Today, while out and about, I stopped at another DIY and think I have found the motor for the exhaust fan mentioned in the last post, so that might be fixed quicker and easier than thought. And that would be a huge relief!

No comments: