Sunday, January 27, 2013

Three And A Half Hours In The Yard

Yard day was coming up and that meant getting out into the yard and filling up the bin for Monday's collection. Little did I know I would be filling the equivalent of the yardwaste bin twice.

Steps (Before)

The right side of the yard still had a ton of oak leaves that I just hadn't gotten a chance to get to. I think that some of these leaves had been there for years. We have steps that go up the right side of the backyard that allows access to the terraced area behind the pool but when I started out, you would not even know that there were stairs there.

Steps (After)

End of Pool Deck (Before)

End of Pool Deck (After)

Juniper and Path (Before)

Of course once I got up to the top, I realized that I needed to do some pruning on a large juniper we have near one end of the pool so that we could keep overhang into the pool area to a minimum and allow access to cleaning up leaves along the backside of the pool deck.

Juniper and Path (After)

Top of Stair Area (After)

Because of the incline, it is impossible to bring the actual yardwaste bin up, so I opted to fill up a smaller 32 gallon trashcan over and over and just bringing it down and dumping it into the big bin. At the end of the day, I had filled the smaller can at least 8 times (I think I lost count). I filled the yardwaste bin to the very top and then had 3 more trashcans filled with more yardwaste that would have to wait until after the pickup on Monday.

Bottom of Steps (After)

As soon as the pickup was over, I dumped the other trashcans into the yardwaste bin basically filling it to the top again.

Next is starting to prune back some of the stuff in the backyard before the growing season starts so we can get some new plants in to replace the ones the renters killed from lack of watering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice, lot of work, but you have your own park, Love Dad