Thursday, January 31, 2013

Grungey Tasks Required

In the course of replacing all outlets, switches and faceplates in the entire house, I was always glad that I didn't have to mess with the kitchen. It was remodeled in 2002 and the outlets, switches, and faceplates in there were all replaced with new white. The faceplates are bit smaller but since they are contained to the kitchen, I am not worried about it.

Today, I was going through all the outside faceplates and adding insulation to them to help keep the house energy efficient and found that the undercounter lights, and the switches, outlets and faceplates are all kind of grungey...so in the "easily distracted" phase I am in, I decided to tackle cleaning all of that as well. Figured since I was already taking half of them off to insulate them, it was easy enough to clean them up as well.

So while adding insulation to 1 outlet, and 5 switches, I also cleaned 3 undercounter light covers, 4 outlets, 8 switches and all the associated faceplates. It is amazing how much better they all look.

No comments: