Sunday, January 13, 2013

Knocking Electric Out At The Bamboo Lagoon

Managed to change out 4 plugs and 3 switches today in the laundry room and downstairs bathroom. Changed one of the plugs in the laundry room to GFCI since it is less than a foot from the faucets for the washer. I need to buy another GFCI to replace one down in the bathroom.

I couldn't find the circuit breaker for the switches (only the plugs) in the laundry room. It is probably on the livingroom circuit, but I was watching football while working on this task and I didn't want to miss the game. So I will figure it out when I start to work on the plugs in livingroom. Tomorrow has a trip to Home Depot on the To Do list to pick up more of the electrical supplies I need for the next phase of replacement.

I also dismantled the first of several ceiling exhaust fans that need to be fixed or replaced. I will take this first one with me tomorrow to see if I can get another that fits into its same bracket or a motor to replace the one it has. I don't want a fire to start because of these thirty year old exhaust fans, that is for sure.

The tricky thing about this one is that it is in the downstairs bathroom ceiling, which doesn't have attic access. So if I have to take out the bracket to put in a completely new one in, it means cutting the sheetrock and fixing the sheetrock and retexturing the patch, which is something I would like to avoid if possible.

No comments: