Friday, February 1, 2013

Coax Work At The Bamboo Lagoon

Finally got the right "blue boxes" for the coax connections in all the rooms so decided today that my "one thing" would be to finish up the coax connections in the two downstair rooms. I wanted to be able to vacuum up those rooms, and except for changing out the light fixtures, be able to say they were done electrical-wise.

Both rooms also still had old phone jacks in them, and originally, I was going to change them over to white boxes but then realized that while I do want to keep some of the old jacks in the house, I didn't think we needed all five so I removed the jack from each of the downstairs room. We still have phone jacks in the kitchen, small office, and master bedroom and that is plenty. This way, I can also return two of the white jacks I bought and save us some money. I'll just patch the hole in the drywall before we paint those rooms.

In the first pic (which is the first room I did) you can see that they put the phone jack wire through the wood trim of the window...not sure why. I'll have to patch that one with some wood putty before I paint the trim white later on down the line. The second pic is from that same wall, with the new box in place and the faceplate screwed on.

In the second room, while cutting the drywall, I realized that the coax connection was way to close to a stud so I had to shift it to the right a bit but it still worked out okay. They both look so much better. On the second room, I found at least 6 ft of coax that was stuffed in the wall...I shortened it up so it would be nice and neat.

No comments: